So I had it pointed out to me a couple days ago that I was on Day 10 of my 30 day writing challenge 20 days too late. Please see point number one below 🙂 This is so very normal for me. So on to Day 11!!!! Woooooooooo 😉
Day Topic 11: Describe 5 weaknesses you have
This is a weird one for me and I think it is because I am fiercely competitive. I don’t look at weaknesses and think “ah, crap!” I look at weaknesses as opportunities to grow. So here is a list of opportunities to grow. 😉 There, much better!
1. Attention span of a goldfish–Oh good Lord!! Anyone that knows me for any length of time knows this. I am suuuuuuuuch a goldfish. I really wish I weren’t but I am. “Where’s my phone?” “What was I saying?” “Where are we going?” “Who’s driving?” “Are we in Paris?” Okay, the last two are just inside jokes between me and a couple of friends, buuuuuuut still 😉 I just figure that if you think this is charming/funny and willing to put up with my absent-mindedness, then…oooh, look at that pretty tree! 😉
2. Overly forgiving–So I guess this can be good or bad, depending on what side of the “forgiving” you are on. My friends would all probably agree that I forgive way more than I should. On some level I guess I would have to agree but then there is the other side of it. I firmly believe that forgiveness has nothing to do with the receiver and everything to do with the giver. One of my favorite quotes is from Buddha and it says “Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.” But on the other side, I know my what my friends are talking about. Not only do I forgive, I have a tendency to allow the forgivee back into my life and I get hurt again. They are just looking out for me. That is something I’ve been working on. Forgiving you, but realizing that doesn’t mean I have to let you get close enough to hurt me again.
3. But I tend to not forget–Oh and then there is this. Sooooooo, with some things I have a tendency to hold grudges. For a long time. A really long time. Even though the Buddha quote is one of my favorites, it doesn’t mean that I don’t find myself grasping a hot coal a time or two, or five, or… yeah. I will say, though, these instances tend to be heartbreaking, gut wrenching instances. I may forgive you. I may let you back into my life, but don’t think for a second that I forgot what you did to me. Or that I won’t remind you of it when you bring up that “we aren’t as close as we used to be.” Really working on this one. 🙂
4. Little too laid back (often confused for indecisiveness)–Okay. So I put this in here because it bothers other people. Not me. And maybe this will be just the best way to explain this little piece of me. 🙂 When I say I don’t care where we eat, or go, or do, I don’t. Really. I’m not waiting to set you up, I just honestly don’t care. I can see how this can be frustrating to people, though, so I am trying to work on this. Buuuuuuuut, after spending the day making decisions, at work, with my kids, with my own life, I really just want someone to just say, “Hey, this is what’s going on.” If I don’t want to do what is suggested, I’ll tell you and tell you what I’d rather do and we can have a discussion. Up until then, I just don’t care. (BTW, just read this and can TOTALLY see why people want to kill me when it comes to this 🙂 Working on this. PROMISE!!)
5. Tend to be a little too introverted at times–As outgoing and loud as I am, I’m really an introvert. People know me, but there are only a few people who really know me. I guess that was the original purpose of this blog. To stretch myself a little. But I’ve kinda patterned this blog after my life. I tell just enough to keep people believing that I’m open, but I don’t really open up. As much as I believe that most people are inherently good, I believe it for you, not me. Working on this as well. Vulnerability is not something I’m good at.
~~Til the next time…